Herbs have magical powers to treat the various diseases that we suffer from, in our regular life. It might be unbelievable, but also has a cure for the most common problem that all women suffer from in their life time. Yes, you guessed it right, it is menopause.
Until a few years back, women would suffer from the various symptoms that are related to menopause with not many medications to help them overcome the problems. But, the various studies conducted on the herbs finally gave a solution, a cure for the various symptoms and hence gave a ray of hope to all women suffering from some or the other type of problems caused due to menopause.
According to the studies, there are various natural herbs for menopause that are found to have certain effect on the estrogen levels in our body. With the actions of these herbs, the severity of the various symptoms of menopause is reduced to some extent. Thus they are categorized into two categories based on their chemical structure of the chemicals that are present in the herbs which act against the symptoms of menopause. These categories are:
- • Estrogenic herbs: The herbs that are included under this category contain chemical structures of estrogen and thus are included in this category.
- • Non-estrogenic herbs: The simple herbs that do not contain the chemical structure of estrogen are included under this category.
Different herbs based on their chemical composition have different effect on the symptoms of menopause. A few of the most effective herbs include the black cohosh, sage etc. A list of the various natural herbs for menopause is mentioned here below along with their effect on the symptoms of menopause.
- • Black cohosh: This is an estrogenic herb that helps to reduce the cramps, hot flashes and the congestion.
- • Chaste tree: One of the most common side effects of menopause is depression. This herb thus helps in balancing the hormones in the body which thus helps to fade away depression.
- • Gingko boloba: This herb is also famous for its effect that helps in decreasing fatigue and improving the memory. The herb helps women to overcome their depression.
- • Sage: This plant is estrogenic in its nature and has sound effect in the night sweats and hot flashes.
- • Wild yam: This medicinal herb is an anti-inflammatory and thus, in the long run reduces the chances of menopausal arthritis.
- • Dong quai: The roots of this herb are estrogenic and are used to get over the symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats.
- • Glycyrrhiza glabra: This is one of the best estrogenic herbs and thus is extremely useful during menopause. However, people with blood pressure should avoid taking the herb as it may cause unwanted fluctuations in their blood pressure.
Similar to these herbs mentioned above there are many other Chinese herbs for menopause such as HuangBai, Baishao, Houpo, etc. that also have a very promising effect on the various symptoms of menopause.
Apart from the herbs for menopause, there are also other herbs that help to treat perimenopause. The herbs for perimenopause include the evening primrose, the flax seed oil, etc. So, with these uses of herbs, you better believe that they are magical and have the power to treat the innumerable diseases.